Who We Are
We are the Vigo County Retired Teachers Association (VCRTA). VCRTA is an affiliate of the Indiana Retired Teachers Association.
Our website address is https://www.vcrta.org
What Personal Date We Collect And Why We Collect It
The Vigo County Retired Teachers Association does not currently allow visitors to leave comments on our website; however, if in the future we enable this feature, the following statements will apply:
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
The Vigo County Retired Teachers Association does not currently allow visitors to upload images on our website. However, we do encourage members to submit photos through the Contact page form which is subsequently emailed to the web master.
- If you upload images to the website or submit images through any form on the website, you should avoid uploading/sending images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS). Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
The Vigo County Retired Teachers Association currently uses website contact forms to enable members and visitors to contact our association to ask questions, provide comments, or request information directly to our association. We do not post these communications to our site.
- If you use any of the contact forms on our site you are submitting a name, email address, and a brief message which may include address information that is transmitted to an email address monitored by the web master, the Membership Committee chairperson, and/or the Communications Committee chairperson.
- Your question, comment, or request contained within the brief message will be addressed by the appropriate Vigo County Retired Teachers Association officer(s) or its web master. Your name, email address, and message will not be stored on this site and will only be stored by the appropriate Vigo County Retired Teachers Association officer(s) and/or the web master until the question, comment, or request is addressed at which time the name and email message will be deleted.
Cookies, HTTP cookies, or internet cookies are built specifically for internet web browsers to track, personalize, and save information about each visitors session.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website address in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave additional comments. These cookies last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen option cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simple indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after one day.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
The Vigo County Retired Teachers Association attempts to limit if not completely exclude the use of embedded content from other websites; however, if used, the following should be noted.
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited other websites.
The Vigo County Retired Teachers Association does not use analytics on this site. The site host provider may use analytics but that information is only reviewed for nationalized geography site access, browser access, and generalized site visits per day.
Who We Share Your Data With
The Vigo County Retired Teachers Association does not share or sell your data with any group, organization, or state/federal agency unless required by law.
How Long We Retain Your Data
The Vigo County Retired Teachers Association site does not currently allow comments or registration of users; however if either of these features are enabled in the future, the following would apple:
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- For users that register on our site (if any), we also store the personal information that is provided in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit any information except a users’ username.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
The Vigo County Retired Teachers Association does not currently support user/visitor account or visitor comments; however if these features are enabled in the future, the following would apply:
- If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided us.
- You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where We Send Your Data
Visitor comments through website forms may be checked through an automated spam detection service and third party email providers.
Your Contact Information
Visitor contact information is only collected for event registration. Visitor contact information for event registration will only be stored on the site until after the even has concluded. Once the event has completed, the contact information will be removed from the site but may be retained by the Vigo County Retired Teachers Association or its web master for up to five years.
How We Protect Your Data
Your individual privacy is important to the Vigo County Retired Teachers Association. The VCRTA does not share information with outside groups, organizations, or state/federal agencies unless required by law. The association takes great efforts to carefully mask an individual’s name, phone number, or email address on our site unless you are serving as an association officer, an association committee chairperson, an Indiana Retired Teachers Association officer, or as an elected official.
Any visitor data that is collected (see Your Contact Information above) remains on the site for a limited time and is deleted upon conclusion of a registered event.
What Data Breach Procedures We Have In Place
The Vigo County Retired Teachers Association website has fraud, virus, and spam protection that is provided by the website host provider as well as domain privacy to hinder domain hijacking, prevent domain related spam, and masks personal information in the WHOIS domain registry.
The site is protected with 24/7 security monitoring and DDoS protection from the website host provider. All backend system access passwords are restricted to individual users and follow secure password complexities.
The Vigo County Retired Teachers Association site is not designed to collect and store visitor data. If a data breach does occur, the site will be taken offline and repaired. Any affected visitors will be contacted immediately.
What Third Parties We Receive Data From
The Vigo County Retired Teachers Association does not receive data from third parties.
What Automated Decision Making And/Or Profiling We Do With User Data
The Vigo County Retired Teachers Association does not use any type of automated decision making and/or profiling with user data.
The Vigo County Retired Teachers Association does use decision making / logic options available through website forms based on visitor selected options within those forms.
Industry Regulatory Disclosure Requirements
The Vigo County Retired Teachers Association is a non-profit, non-partisan association that abides by all directives of the Indiana Retired Teachers Association.