The Vigo County Retired Teachers Association currently only accepts payments for a few items (i.e. annual dues, luncheon fees, and donations). While our association does not currently have an online store with “merchandise”, VCRTA has not completely eliminated that option.
Currently, all financial transactions are completed with either checks or cash for the items previously mentioned. The Vigo County Retired Teachers Association has begun the process of creating an online “store” or market to receive payments for select items.
As a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, we are not in the “business” of making profits.
Vigo County Retired Teachers Association members should understand that dues are not optional. Each member with an Annual Membership is responsible for making yearly dues payments.
- Dues paid with either checks or cash are not refunded.
- If VCRTA creates an online market to receive annual dues payments, those funds will likewise not be refunded.
- Any excess dues payments are considered donations unless the Vigo County Retired Teachers Association Executive Board believes a member is experiencing mental decline, in which case that overpayment would be refunded.
The Vigo County Retired Teachers Association makes luncheon reservations with MCL Banquet & Conference center. These reservations allow the restaurant to prepare the correct quantity of food in advance for the members that plan on attending. Unless a member cancels their reservation by the specified time with VCRTA, the member will still be charged to cover their reservation since VCRTA has to pay for that reservation.
Policies will be determined for online lunch pre-payments before the feature becomes available to our members.
The Vigo County Retired Teachers Association readily accepts donations to help fund ongoing expenses of our association as well as different projects (i.e. newsletters). Any funds received above what a member truly owes is considered a donation to the association.
VCRTA does not refund donated funds. Once online donations are enabled, any donation received will not be refunded.
The Vigo County Retired Teachers Association is a caring association that wants to protect and look out for our members. Any rule typically has exceptions. VCRTA’s refund policy is no different.
- The Vigo County Retired Teachers Association does not want to take advantage of any of our members that are suffering from mental decline. If we suspect that a member is suffering from impaired judgement, we may either cancel the fees charged or return any payments received.
- The Vigo County Retired Teachers Association Executive Board has also recognized “last minute” medical issues and have subsequently declined to seek repayment of fees.
- The Vigo County Retired Teachers Association does not attempt to recoup fees when weather is a factor causing our luncheon host to close. However, a member’s personal judgement of weather conditions is not a valid reason for a refund.